What is Cycle University?
Get ready to ride! Cycle University is a bicycle school and full service bike shop established in 2004 by local pro cyclist Craig Undem to share the love of cycling and fitness. We have created a large curriculum of proprietary classes, coaching and teaching methods covering everything from how-to-ride-for-the-first-time to preparing for the Tour de France. We also sell great gear and bikes to any level rider.
Our trained staff of coaches have years of top level expertise in all aspects of cycling, and have created classes and concepts to help any rider improve. We provide a wide range of services, such as: athletic coaching, bike fitting, fitness testing, skills clinics, private lessons, InCycle™ indoor, Indoor winter racing, boot-camps, bike sales, repair, teams and coaching consultations. We love to work with all kinds of people at any level.
Cycle U Mission and Vision
We share our passion for living a healthy, strong and fit life.
We train and inspire our clients to their best performances in life and sport.
We teach the best ways to ride safer, faster, farther and happier.
We equip anyone with the best fitting bicycle, helmet, clothing and gear so they love the experience.
We build and support the NW endurance community into the strongest in the U.S.
Get ready to ride!
Cycle University knows Cycling and Triathlon
We have specialize in every area of the sport and have spent many years perfecting our coaching and teaching techniques. Our goal is to take everything we learned from the school of “hard knocks” racing at a high level and deliver them to you in just the right way to make a dramatic improvement in your cycling. Everything from basics like learning to use clip-less pedals without falling to preparing for week long tours and pro level races. All of our coaches have years of racing and riding experience and are very passionate about our craft.
We also sell the best gear and bikes we can find: Specialized, Garmin, Hammer Nutrition, Cycle Ops, Clif, Tacx, Honey Stinger, Voler and more.
Your fitness is our passion!
Green & Good
We are also a green company that believes in the power of the bike. We recycle and emphasize the bike as transportation and do everything we can to minimize our carbon footprint. We do regular service projects to help people get into cycling, and volunteer our time and expertise with many organizations working to help make our planet a better place.
We also believe cycling is a family event and promote kids and bikes in every way we can. One example is our work with Burmese refugees to teach a family of 15 how to ride for the first time and use the bike as a means of transportation. We also do a toy and donation drive each winter during the holidays for children and families in need.
We have sponsored a little league team every year since 2007.
We have sponsored the University of Washington Huskies with coaching and classes since 2005.
We are a member of the West Seattle Chamber of Commerce.
We donate auction gifts to over 12 schools and non-profits a year including:
View Ridge Elementary
Outdoors for all
Leukemia and lymphoma Society
Susan G. Komen
When you choose Cycle U you support good things.
We are committed to offering the best solution for any and all of your cycling needs.
If a purchase does not meet your need or if it is defective we can offer you a refund, a warranty exchange or a store credit.
Please follow the guidelines listed below when returning any item(s) to CycleU.
Parts and accessories
• Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase.
• Customer must have receipt of purchase or record of purchase in customer account.
• Refunds will be issued in the form in which the item(s) was purchased. In-store credit is available for all returns.
• Special Orders are Non-Returnable, Non-Refundable
• In-store credit will be issued on gifts being returned with a gift receipt or without the original receipt.
• Returns must be in “as-new”, “sell-able” condition and have all original packaging materials.
• No returns on apparel, including helmets.
• No returns on closeout or sale items.
• No returns on gift card/gift certificate purchases.
*** Not being able to install something yourself is not a valid reason for return. Our staff can install the item in question for a reasonable service fee.
We spend a lot of time ensuring that each bike we sell is the correct type, size, and fit for every customer.
• Bicycles sales are final.
Non-Returnable or Exchangeable Items
• Labor, delivery, and/or installation services
• Consumable items like food, drink, batteries, CO2 cartridges, etc.
• All apparel such as shorts, jerseys, socks, shoes, helmets, etc.
• Items that are damaged or abused.
• Items that are missing accessories, parts, etc.
• Etched or otherwise personalized items such as custom wheels, frames, paint-jobs, etc.
• Opened computer software and GPS units cannot be returned.
• Donated items.
• Team Deal Purchases.
• CycleU reserves the right to deny any return.
There are no exceptions to the above rules unless previously expressed to the customer in advance of the sale by an employee of CycleU.
Please note that manufacturer warranties are separate from CycleU return policy.